Monday, February 9, 2009

Recovery Run/Swim

Couple of cool things going on today... today was Dad's birthday.  The original Boeve triathlete is enjoying another year and hopefully another summer of triathlons! 

Today was my "recovery" day.  That means 1/2 hour run and 1/2 hour swim.  Distance-wise I did about 3.25 miles on the treadmill and 1 mile in the pool.  I felt really good today which was nice after the weekend.  The rest of the week will slowly increase in time and volume each day so by the end of the week I should be feeling pretty good.  On Thurs. this week I'll be attending a seminar at The Shop to cover bicycle maintenance.  I'm really looking forward to learning some techniques for taking care of the bike and fixing those "minor issues" that pop up every now and then.  Hopefully I'll be able to take some pictures and throw them up for everyone!  Stay tuned.

Tomorrow the weather is supposed to be hovering around 60 degrees.  There aren't many days where the temperature gets that high in a MI Feb.  I don't have a run in the schedule (Tues./Thurs. are Bike/Lift or Bike/Yoga or Stretch days) but may try getting out for a short one to get some fresh air in the lungs.

I guess that the 2009 "race season" has officially begun for me with the first 5K this last weekend.  I think that Gwen and I will probably do another shorter run like that sometime soon (although she is definitely feeling under the weather right now so maybe it will be later rather than sooner).  We'll keep you updated...

  

No comments:

Post a Comment