Thursday, February 12, 2009

Jade/Whisper Bike Maintenance Seminar



Today was the Bicycle Maintenance Seminar at The Shop (www.whispercycles.com or www.jadecycles.com... check them out they are absolutely great bikes!  I'm sure everyone knows how picky I am about the things that I use a lot.  Whether it's my MP3 player, laptop, cellphone, golf clubs, running shoes, etc. so you KNOW it's got to be a great product!!!!).  Got out of Thurs. Manager Meetings and booked it over there.  We started promptly at 6 and Jim gave us a rundown of pretty much anything that I would ever be able to do myself on the bike.  A lot of the information was over my head but I was definitely thankful for the opportunity to learn some more about my bike, and bikes in general.  This is going to give me some peace of mind the next time I feel like there is an issue and as always if there is something I can't figure out Jim is there to take care of it!  We all received a copy of the "Park Tool Big Blue Book of Repairs," and there is a ton of information in it.  I've perused it a little this evening but haven't been able to really get into it.

The seminar took just about 2 1/2 hours and so I didn't make it home until just before 9.  I'll say this without going into great detail... Guinness is definitely sick... luckily Gwen, being the great wife she is, took care of his issues and her Mom is going to bring him in to the vet, again, tomorrow (which is really, really helpful and much appreciated).  Anyway I ended up hopping on the bike a little late and busted my butt with a "muscular endurance workout."  Then I lifted weights (although I use the word "weight" loosely).  Like I mentioned in an earlier post, this week is definitely intense but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.  

Alright, off to enjoy the rest of the night.  As an aside; I'm going to try my first "survey."  I've been tossing around the idea of doing a marathon at the beginning of April to kind of open the season up but am not completely sure if I should or not.  Weigh in on it and let me know (I'm leaning towards yes at this point).  It looks like a really fun, low-key event.  Check out the website (www.martianmarathon.com) and then let me know what you think!  Rock out.

No comments:

Post a Comment