Sunday, February 22, 2009

End of the Week/End of ToC

Today I finished out the end of the week with a :50 Aerobic Time Trial on the treadmill.  I had to warm up for :20 and bring myself to the middle of my Heart Rate Training Zone (around 130 BPM).  Then, I ran 3 miles at the top of heart rate zone 3/bottom of heart rate zone 4 (between 145-150 BPM) logging my time for each mile.  Finished with a brief cool down.  It was a nice way to end the week out and I'm getting ready for a busy, busy upcoming week.  

We leave for Barbados next week Sat. morning.  Because of this I have to juggle my training schedule around this week.  Tomorrow is normally a recovery run for me but I'll be skipping that and jumping right into my Tues. workout.  Each workout will be done a day "earlier" and this way I won't have to skip any.  Undoubtedly, the following week while on vacation I will have a couple of missed workouts but I'm going to try to stay on it!  

Training has been going pretty well and this week I'll be getting some rollers (as I mentioned in an earlier post).  I'll throw some pictures up when I get them in and set up... hopefully it'll be this week, but with the limited amount of time I may not even get on them until we're back from vacation.  I'm also hoping to get in another "IM DVD Review," this week if I have time.  Next week will be great as well since I'll have a chance to get some beautiful and scenic runs in!  Gwen and I will have a lot of pictures and I'll make sure to throw some up on the blog.

Today was also the finish of the Tour of California.  Levi Leipheimer was able to bring it home and get his 3rd consecutive win in CA.  It was really neat to see as I've been following the Tour since the start.  This is the first time that I've really been tuned in to a bike race and it reminds me of how I felt after being glued to the TV for last year's U.S. Open to see Tiger pull out a huge win.  I'm hooked.  There is so much strategy and excitement in bike racing that I wasn't aware of.  After watching the first couple of days of the race I picked up an issue of VeloNews at Barnes and Noble and have been enjoying it over the weekend.  I have to say that compared to most of the triathlon magazines I have read I prefer VeloNews... Inside Tri is still on the top of the list though! 

Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment