Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Higher Ground

So I was in Midland for work most of the day which meant a lot of driving.  Luckily I was able to hitch a ride with a coworker and didn't actually have to drive.  Got to see Cody... he's working out there for a bit now.  Needless to say by the time we made it back home it was pretty difficult to drag myself to the pool.  You would think that being stuck in the car all day would give me some sort of desire to bust out but unfortunately that's not always the case.

Long story short I was able to make it to the pool and get my swim in (1:15 basically doing sets of 300's/drills/kicks/etc.).  On the way home I was struggling to motivate and make it on the treadmill (again... 1:15 run).  I was basically resigned to miss a workout tonight when "Higher Ground," by the RHCP came on!  One of the ultimate motivators for me and my saving grace I guess!  Once I blasted this song in the car I was re-motivated!!!  I came home threw on the shoes and started the run.  So now here I am loving life, hanging out with Gwen and the dogs, taking in some X-Files, and getting ready to train tomorrow morning (have to get an early sess as we have the Bike Maintenance Seminar at The Shop tomorrow).  As you may have noticed by all of the exclamation points I was really excited about all of this.

The downer for the night was post workout Guinness peed in the crate after he ate his dinner tonight.  Never a fun time trying to wash a three legged dog in a shower where he can't get good footing but between Gwen and I we were able to take care of it.  He's been so sick lately between his skin issues, losing weight, etc. that it's hard to get mad at him.  Plus, he's so cute. 

Gwen has been studying hard so we'll be glad to spend a nice Valentine's Weekend together... stay tuned for training and weekend festivity updates...

No comments:

Post a Comment