Monday, March 16, 2009

Start of the Week...


Started the week off the right way today with a 00:50 swim doing various drills, paces, distances, etc. I felt a little sluggish in the water and felt like there was a lot of resistance/drag today but I finished it off strong! After the swim I got a 00:30 run in outside. Again, the weather was beautiful today which makes training much easier. Did just over 5 1/2 miles which I was pretty happy with. Tomorrow I'm going to try to work out in the morning as I'll be out of town for work during the day and at night I'm hoping to drink a green Michelob Ultra or two! Speaking of St. Patty's day and the color green, check out the new bottles I got from Jim today. They're Jade Cycles bottles (www.jadecycles.com) the other brand that my bike sponsor, Whisper Cycles (www.whispercycles) makes! They're the short stubby bottles which are primo. I'm pretty pumped up to have a couple of new bottles.
The water bottle that I had been using had started to develop a black...moldy type material in the bottom. I think that it has something to do with the chemicals from the pool (since I always use that bottle while swimming) and the fact that I often throw my locker key in the bottle so I don't lose it. At any rate it was extremely disgusting and no doubt unsanitary. I won't be repeating that mistake again. Please check back in the future for "product review" type posts. I'll periodically be posting regarding products from my sponsors...for instance, I should have a new pair of running shoes within the next couple of weeks (as will Gwen!) and I'll post a review. I'm super excited to have picked up the quality of sponsors that I have and I definitely feel very fortunate! Now I just have to do them proud this year.
Two more things quickly. First off I've added a gadget that shows my last 5 Twitter posts. It can be found on the lefthand side of the blog. Check it out and add me to your Twitter! I'm definitely a new Twitter devotee...it's fun and helps to break up the day (plus I get all sorts of cool updates from friends and news sources that interest me). Secondly, I've been using www.mapmyride.com and www.mapmyrun.com. Both sites provide really valuable tools for the cyclists or runners out there. I'm able to accurately gauge how far I've gone and it helps me to set a goal (i.e. I have x amount of time to run...let's try to make it x amount of miles). Check them out...map your workouts and post a link up in the comment section of my blog for other to check out! Alright all...Gwen and I are going to enjoy the rest of the night. Do the same!

1 comment:

  1. yay for new water bottles! one of mind is getting this black stuff at the bottom -- probably mold... maybe if I leave it long enough it will turn into a new lifeform??

    ReplyDelete