Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Roller Report and Disappointment...

Roller Report.  Finally busted them out.  Wish that I had Gwen use the video camera, or normal camera, to capture this crazy moment in time.  The picture to the left is of my bandaged right hand.  Here are a couple of tips I learned today while trying out my rollers:
1.  Position the rollers away from glass objects such as the glass coffee table covered in glass crap.

2.  When you fall try to unclip your cleats from your pedals.  If you do so you may get lucky and get your feet on the ground before plummeting to the floor.

3.  When people say, "Put the rollers in the doorway it's much safer," they are lying.  All this means is that instead of falling and breaking glass you slam into a small, cramped, doorway.  It's like getting stuffed into the trunk of a Mazda Miata.

4.  Learn to laugh at yourself ( because even if you don't your wife will)!

So...the initial attempt at the rollers didn't go as well as I had hoped.  I'll probably hop on them again tomorrow, and the next day, and so on and so forth until I get used to them.  They are going to be a great tool in my training... even though I'll be moving outside shortly!  Can't wait to get the hang of them though.  They're definitely fun.  

With that being said... today's workout was a big disappointment.  I was only on the bike for 30-35 minutes of what was supposed to be  a 1:30 ride followed by lifting.  I just couldn't get it together today and I'm not completely sure why.  Today was a complete s-storm at work and I know that tomorrow will be as well so that has been on my mind but I think that it's a "vacation hangover," that I'm suffering from today.  At any rate, tomorrow will be much better!  I'm getting back in the swing of things so it is what it is...at least I worked up a sweat and spilled some blood!

A couple of weeks to the Fisk Knob TT and then a couple more and it's my first marathon... Martian Marathon!  It's going to be a big month for me and I'm just happy to start taking the first big steps in my path to IMKY!  Weigh in, wish me luck, give me some words of wisdom!

'Til next time... 

3 comments:

  1. some wisdom .. hmm. HAVE FUN! your first marathon will always be a very special race. don't go out too fast -- trust me, with the adreneline and the crowds it's easy to start out too quickly. 26.2 is a long way - pace yourself. and HAVE FUN !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josh, I wish I could've seen that. I totally agree about "vacation hangovers." I am pretty sure that I have been having one all week. For some reason I haven't been able to get back into eating healthy and working out a lot as I was before Spring Break. I hope after my birthday this week, it'll all go back to normal. haha.

    Good luck in your events! I am sure you will do well!

    ReplyDelete