Saturday, March 28, 2009

Carbo Loading...



Pictured top: me holding the beautfiful cake Gwen made this morning.
Pictured above: my baby, the Whisper Eclipse, waiting to be unleashed on tomorrow's TT!

So one interesting effect of Gwen's preceptorship and limited sleep came to light this morning! Apparently when one works all night and has limited sleep they have semi-strange cravings. Gwen's craving this morning... cake. I woke up around 7:30 and talked to her as she was on her way home. By the time that she got home it was around 9:00 after she ate she decided to bake a cake before she went to bed. Of course Gwen being Gwen meant that she baked the cake, ate two bites, and then went off to bed. Which left me sitting there with that cake all day... tempted... very, very tempted. Luckily I was able to resist the urge to eat that thing in one sitting. Would that have been considered carbo loading? We went out to dinner tonight to eat the standard pre-race meal of pasta... I opted for Spaghetti, not sure if that's the best choice but it definitely tasted good. When we got home from dinner Gwen had to do some school work and I briefly "prepared" for tomorrow making sure that my bike was ready and that all my gear is somewhat organized (meaning I made sure it was in the closet and said to myself, "I'll grab that tomorrow"). Check back tomorrow evening for a race report and hopefully some pictures. The weather outside is absolute crap right now (it's raining pretty hard) and I am hoping that by race time tomorrow things will look alright even though the forecast is calling for snow.

Thanks for checking in... also, as an FYI for those who are interested... tomorrow on the Vs. network at 5:00 pm there will be coverage of the Criterium International (cycling)!

1 comment:

  1. How is that these women can only eat a bite or two - with sweets, I want all or nothing!

    ReplyDelete