Thursday, March 19, 2009

10 Mile TT

Today was my first outdoor TT/LT test on the bike.  I did 10 miles and it was much better than my last testing.  I figure that this is because I was riding my Whisper instead of my old bike as well as the fact that I have another month of training under my belt.  It still felt a little slow but I figure that when the weather gets better out it'll be a little easier (or at least more enjoyable).  It was 30 degrees out when I left the house and I was riding into a headwind for a lot of the ride.  Needless to say my hands are still de-thawing!  Overall though I'm feeling great.  

I've been on top of all my workouts this week and I suppose I can now officially say that I'm back into the swing of things.  The next couple of weeks are going to be pretty crazy for Gwen and I.  Next weekend is my first TT of the year.  It's a 17 miler at Fisk Knob in Cedar Springs, MI.  The following weekend I will be doing my first marathon, Martian Marathon, in Dearborn, MI.  The weekend after that Gwen and I will be doing a 10K in Saugatuck.  THEN the biggest event of this month is following all of this...Gwen will be graduating from Nursing School!  We're both really excited for this and it's a really big deal.  

That's basically what's going on right now.  Check back in over the weekend for some new posts.  
Hope everyone is doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment