Thursday, April 16, 2009

Whisper Cycles 5x5 Promo and New T-Time

Pictured Above: The Exclusive Whisper MS 5x5 Decal (for more info read below)!!!

This week has been going great thus far. Despite what I wrote in a previous post... the first "official" Jade/Whisper Cycles group ride happened last night and it was a blast! We went just over 30 miles and averaged around 18.5-19 MPH. It was good to get out on the road in a group setting and see how the dynamics of a group ride go! Needless to say I ended up going out a little hot and getting dropped BUT I was able to fight my way back to the main group and I'm actually quite proud of this. I feel great today and although I haven't tried running my knee is feeling good.

Today's workout was to set a new t-pace in the pool. I swam 1000 meters in 00:17:32 which works out to 00:01:45 per 100 meters! This is an improvement from my previous t-pace of 00:01:58. I definitely feel much slower than everyone in the pool (and out of it for that matter!) but it's good to know that I'm improving. Tomorrow is a 10 miles time trial on the bike and I have a feeling I'm going to blow the doors off of my last time. Stay tuned for a report!

Lastly, I got an email that I wanted to share with everyone. This is a really great deal that Jade/Whisper Cycles is offering on the Whisper line of bikes (the type of bike I have... so you know it's cool) that will also benefit a really great cause. Jade/Whisper has been teamed up with the MS 150 ride for several years and has even done a couple of seminars with the MS 150 folks ( The Famous "Fix a Flat in 2 Minutes or Less" Seminar). Whisper has committed to offering a 5% discount on all Whisper bikes purchased by registered participants of the Bike MS, Great Lakes Breakaway (sorry out of area folks... check them out anyway...). On top of that 5% of the purchase will be donated to the MI Chapter of the National MS Society. This is THE perfect excuse to buy a bike. Last thing... these bikes will all have a special decal on them. Check out the website (below) for more info (and see the decal above).

No comments:

Post a Comment