Wednesday, April 22, 2009

First Day Back...

Baby steps... baby steps... baby steps. That's all I could think today during the Jade/Whisper Group Ride. It was my first workout since last week Friday. I've been down and out with a sinus infection and my prescription of antibiotics was a welcome relief yesterday. I felt like I needed to get out and get the legs pumping and thus... the group ride.

The ride overall was alright. It was decently windy and I spent a lot of the ride working by myself off the main group in the aerobars. Here are the vitals: 1:40:35 total ride time, 31.9 miles, 18.9 avg. MPH, avg. cadence of 95. Overall I'm alright with this but I wish that I had kept the pace a little faster and worked within the group a little more. Lessons for next time I suppose... like I wrote... baby steps.

Last week Fri. was my 2nd TT outdoors for the season. It was a 10 mile TT which I finished in 29:33, with a 20.3 MPH avg., and an avg. cadence of 97. It was a big improvement over my last TT and considering that this time I threw some hills into the mix I felt pretty good about it. Next TT is a month or so away and I can tell that I'm getting stronger on the bike. Loving it.

That's it for now. Check back later this week!

1 comment: