Friday, May 29, 2009

Friday... the new Sat.

Last week I was officially cut back to 4 days at work which means that Thurs. is the new Fri.!  This is a short term deal but I'm taking advantage of the new found time to get some stuff done around the house and, of course, to get some longer workouts in.

Today I woke up to our new refrigerator being delivered.  My brothers came over to help me move it in this evening and let's just say that the installation was not without incident.  That being said, I got it in finally and now we have ice cubes again!  Besides putting the fridge in I spent some QT in my yard this afternoon mowing, raking, etc.  So now my triathlete's lawn is not so "triathleteish."  The bigger part of my day consisted of my workouts...

This morning I headed over to the pool for a big swim.  My plan called out for a 3100 M swim broken down into the following:

-6x50 M. each 25 increasing in pace.
-The following at T-Pace:
  • 100
  • 200
  • 300
  • 400
  • 500
  • 400
  • 300
  • 200
  • 100
-300 M. easy to cool down 

Because I have been slacking in the pool lately I upped the ante a little and did 1000M to cool down instead of 300 which put me at 3800M total... which is just over 2.3 miles.  Definitely a great workout.  From there I hopped on the bike and went out for an hour long ride.  Here are my bike computer metrics:

Time- 01:00:00
Avg. Cadence- 93
Avg. MPH- 21.3

This was my first ride in the big chain ring (for the most part) and I was able to keep a decently high cadence which meant that my avg. MPH were higher!  I was really happy with this ride and felt comfortable throughout.

Tomorrow is a 03:00:00 Brick and I'm looking forward to getting in a really good workout to start the weekend.  Gwen and I are heading to Ann Arbor for the weekend as she will be running in the Dexter to Ann Arbor race on Sunday.  She's doing the 10K and I'm really excited for her!

Alright... that's all for now.  I need to relax a minute!!!!

Hope everyone is well.

1 comment:

  1. Great swim, great ride, great job on the LAWN ;) ... makes me glad I'm a city girl - no lawn to speak of. haha

    ReplyDelete